Monday 30 April 2012

Ebbw Vale Old School

Drawn to this derelict school building and its marvellous railings, I found the site intriguing.

These photographs were taken in May 2011. 

I have no idea what plans have been made for this building or the ground, or whether its still there a year on.



I love these photos.  I hope you do to.
These images conjure reflections of all the children that must have pushed at the gates.  I wonder where they are now.   All those faces, happy and sad;  all those feet that jumped in those muddy puddles...



The teachers and head are justly proud of the new school built next door.  With children's art displayed on the walls, and imaginatively decorated corners its a modern educationalist's dream.   I wonder what the teachers from this building would think of it.



I just love these photos.




1 comment:

  1. This is the site of the old Willowtown Primary School, the building that remains in the picture was not part of the school for many years, it is the headquarters for the Blaenau Gwent Young Stars Musical Theatre Group and Heads of the Valley Boxing. The rest of the school was destroyed by a fire a number of years ago.

    The building that remains also featured on the BBC DIY programme DIYSOS back in 2000.

    ReplyDelete